Welcome to St. Clare of Assisi Church
NEW: We noticed that more parishioners are interested to come and celebrate Sunday Mass “in person”. To accommodate the growing demand we will have additional Mass at 4:45 pm in Parish Centre, starting Saturday, October 3rd. That means that we will have 6 Sunday Masses every weekend.
For those of you who are able to participate in the weekday Masses, please consider leaving Sunday Mass seats available to those who work and cannot come during the week. That will speak a volume about our Christian spirit of sharing and warm hospitality!
- The Church is open in a limited capacity of 50 people per Mass. We are back to our regular Mass schedule however you have to register for every Mass you would like to attend. You do not have to be a parishioner to register for Masses at St. Clare. You can now register for Mass up to 7 days ahead. The new calendar for registration is opening-up 7 days forwards.
- NEW Sunday Mass is added at 10:30 am in the Parish Hall. Take advantage of the opportunity to celebrate in person!. Check the calendar for the bookings
- All the faithful in the Archdiocese of Vancouver remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during this initial reopening phase. Furthermore, they are not required to attend a weekday Mass in place of the Sunday Liturgy.
- We will continue to live stream Sunday Mass for all our visitors, guests and parishioners!
- The new temporary guidelines for attending St. Clare Church:
- Please register online, on our parish website. As you reserve your seat, please be mindful of other parishioners. The deadline to register for any available space is Friday 3 pm for the weekend Masses, including Monday. For all other Masses, closing time is 3 pm a day before the booking date.
- Only if you do not have access to a computer, feel free to contact Louanne at 778-712-0890 for help to register for the Mass. The office staff and volunteers have no special access to the masses, there is no advance booking nor is there a waiting list.
- If you are not registered for a Mass, you will not be allowed to enter the church. There are no walk-ins and no exceptions.
- Please be aware there will be only one main door open for entering the church (a registration check). All the seating in church is clearly marked for maintaining social distance. Members of the same household may be seated together.
- If possible, come with your own hand sanitizer and mask if you want to use it. This is encouraged but not mandatory.
- For Spanish Mass on Sunday, please contact OLS Parish to register for this Mass by email:email@example.com or by phone 604-254-0691.
Fr. Maciej Wos, SDS