We have received several directives from the Archdiocese based on Orders from Public Health Officer and the following changes are in EFFECT IMMEDIATELY.
1. All regularly scheduled masses at St. Clare’s are NOW CANCELLED until further notice. The archdiocese has lifted the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for everyone during this time.
Also, all Parish Events and group activities at St. Clare’s are cancelled until further notice.
2. St. Clare’s church will be open for private prayer time
Monday – Friday 9:00am – noon
Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – noon
and the Adoration Chapel will remain accessible 24 hours a day. There is now a limit of no more than 2 persons in the Chapel at any one time. Please remember to always avoid physical contact with others and to maintain a personal distance of 2 meters or 6 feet from each other.
3. Our Temporary Confession Schedule is as follows:
Friday 9:00am – 10:00am
Saturday 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 10:00am
Or by appointment by emailing Fr. Maciej at email@example.com
Confessions are now heard in the Crying Room (by the washrooms on the east side of the church) NOT in the confessional.
4. As a substitute for coming to mass it is recommended that you try to watch a mass either on TV or on Youtube. The Vancouver Holy Rosary Cathedral will be live streaming Sunday morning Mass at www.holyrosarycathedral.org/live-stream/
Watch mass at St Clare on our youtube channel.
We plan to have Sunday Mass uploaded every week to our channel.
There are multiple choices on Youtube , for example: “Catholic Daily Mass” from Toronto or “Word on Fire Daily Mass” with Fr. Robert Barron. (Search for Catholic Mass). For TV, daily mass is carried on Salt and Light (Toronto) or EWTN.
Or you could set aside a time of prayer, if possible with the readings of the day and a spiritual communion
5. Penitential services for Lent have been cancelled throughout the diocese.
6. The Parish Office will be open from 9am to 12pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice.
7. You can also contact Fr. Maciej directly in case of an emergency or for an appointment at MWos@rcav.org
8. Please check the Archdiocesan web page at https://rcav.org for the most recent notifications on how the Corona Virus is affecting the church and for other links.
9. If you are feeling unwell for any reason – Please Do Not Come To The Church – Stay Home
MESSAGE FROM FR. MACIEJ
I want to greet you and assure you of my continual prayers for you!
The situation is confusing and scary and nobody feels safe anymore. It is a very new reality for all of us. We are not trained or prepared to handle such a dramatic change to our daily lives and routines.
After some prayer and consideration, I decided to close our Church for our daily and weekend Masses until further notice.
We are trying our best to be available to all of you. The main priority is that you are safe and healthy right now so please take care of yourselves, call each other, maintain some connection by internet or phone. Offer your prayers and sufferings for the end of this pandemic.
I encourage you to check our website on regular basis. If there are any new developments and changes we will update it as soon as possible. In the last few days we have had some inquires on how you can donate to support the church at this time. The Archdiocese of Vancouver has set up an online platform by which you can donate to your parish, once or on regular basis. We are very grateful for your consideration and continuous support!
God Bless you all
Fr. Maciej Wos, SDS
March 20, 2020
Online Offertory Available
In order to help you facilitate the offertory for St Clare parish, The Archdiocese has created an Online Offertory page to facilitate pre-authorized monthly or weekly giving through direct debit or credit card donations.
Please make sure you Select St Clare of Assisi Offering from the drop down list.
For changes to your donation please email Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore life, faith & meaning